Hypa 14 laptop not booting up

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by sparks100, Feb 14, 2021.

1. sparks100

sparks100

When I turn on laptop the Hypa logo comes on for about 1/2 second and then goes off. I've tried pressing delete with the power button but it makes no difference. The laptop is charging ok and the battery is fully charged.

sparks100, Feb 14, 2021
    Sweetpea likes this.
  2. sparks100

gray1

Greetings. First let me say that I am not famaliar with this brand laptop, so I am speaking in general terms. When a laptop is first turned on, it goes through a BIOS (Basic In + Out System) check. All laptops use a bios, but it can be packaged in different style chips. So your laptop comes on and goes through some basic checks. It looks for correct voltages, hard drive, memory, and other things. Your laptop is seeing something it does not like and shuts itself back off to prevent other damage. Unfortunatley this can be a hard problem to figure out because it can be a lot of different things. If it was my laptop, I would start with just basic troubleshooting. Try to rule out things by removing them. Take out the Hard Drive and try to boot. See if will boot and not shut off. Try reseating the ram. Remove the battery and just use the charger. Then try to boot with just battery with no charger. What your doing is just ruling out what is not causing it to boot. Look at the USB ports and make sure the pins are not bent and shorted to ground. It very well could be something shorted on the motherboard and the bios is seeing incorrect or no voltage at all in some spots. This can be a bear to sort out but good luck and I hope you figure it out. Cheers.

gray1, Feb 15, 2021
  3. sparks100

sparks100

Thanks for that . Will try those things. Only problem is the ram and hard drive are not removable, so I will disconnect the ribbon cables.

sparks100, Feb 15, 2021
  4. sparks100

Sweetpea

Hi im wondering if you managed to fix the laptop? Just got my daughter one at Christmas (2021). Its feb now and today its not turning on. Like yours. If you fixed it how did you do it please.

Sweetpea, Feb 19, 2022
  5. sparks100

sparks100

The problem with my laptop was the keyboard. Some liquid has spilt and caused the issues. The only way I could fix it was to get a another laptop and swop the keyboard. The keyboard is held on with plastic rivets, it's very fiddly and not designed to be repaired.
    Hope this helps.

sparks100, Feb 19, 2022
    Sweetpea likes this.
  6. sparks100

Sweetpea

Thank you for getting back to me.

Sweetpea, Feb 19, 2022
Ask a Question