HUAWEI E160G USB Modem, 3 Network & LINUX

Discussion in 'Networking' started by OneLadyOwner, Nov 26, 2008.

1. OneLadyOwner

OneLadyOwner

Has anyone successfully used a black HUAWEI E160G modem to access Three Network Mobile Broadband on an AA1 with LINUX?
    I have not been able to make it work.

I have followed the instructions for downloading the Live Updates and creating a profile. I have the Mobile Partner, and have reached the point where I connect but can't access any pages. I did 'dismount' the removeable device.

I don't want to use gnome or other code - I am not a tecchie and it seems like hacking to me. I was wondering whether it is only a white HUAWEI that works, in which case I may need to buy one as there is no point in fiddling with settings.

I do hope that someone out there can help me.

OneLadyOwner, Nov 26, 2008
  2. OneLadyOwner

OneLadyOwner

:D I am replying to myself, because I have been successful! I closed down my AA1 and removed the E160G dongle so that I could use it on my big laptop and post my message. I decided to try one last time, and it worked immediately!

I have just followed the basic instruction, I have not touched the DNS or used PPP Gnome etc. :D

OneLadyOwner, Nov 26, 2008
Ask a Question