Huawei 220 and Network Manager Applet?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by trace, Jul 1, 2009.

1. trace

trace

Hi,

I have previously been using an Option dongle. It worked straight out of the box with the Network Manager Applet (for LAN an WLAN, it just added a 3G option). It even connected automagically once the settings were saved.

I now got a new dongle. Huawei 220. The network manager applet does not recognise it. It is detected in the network tab under System Info.

The Mobile Partner application detects the Huawei and with rhe right settings I can connect with it and everything works. But the Network Manager applet still thinks it has no connectivity and it does not show up in it either.

It's not a very big hazzle for me to start the Mobile Partner application. But I would like my mother-in-law to be aböe to use a netbook like this. And forcing her to start the Mobile Partner and pressing connect might be a bit too much for her. She is supposed to only use Skype with it...

So any good ideas how I can get the Huawei 220 to autoconnect when it is inserted in the USB-slot?

trace, Jul 1, 2009
  2. trace

trace

Hmm... Or lets put it the other way around. Is there a list of devices that work "out-of-the-box" with the network manager applet?

On the other hand. My mother-in-law seems to handle the Huawei Mobile Partner. So it might be wise not to mess with things... :lol:

trace, Jul 6, 2009
Ask a Question