HSDPA MODEM USE (NOVATEL)

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Bergamor, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Bergamor

Bergamor

Hi people!

im very new to Linux and Linpus and Linux.

I bought a HSDPA-modem (vodafone) and a flatrate but i did not manage to get it running under Linpus or any other Linux OS.

I tried several installer versions ov VMC and installed gksu, libs and much more stuff in vain.

under XP it works automatically but is lags too much.

Please give detailed instruction how you managed to get your HSDPA modem running in the AAO.

Thanx a million for your aid!

Bergamor, Aug 8, 2008
  2. Bergamor

janss

Installing depends on what 3G card it actually is, Vodafine itself does not manufacture those...

you can find ínstructions on installing an option iCon 225 modem from this forum by searching for "icon 225" with the forum search. More instructions and stuff can be found for example on pharscape.org.

janss, Aug 9, 2008
  3. Bergamor

SNOboy

I use that same modem on my ONE basically on a daily basis with work, booking hotels,air as well as get my email ect. Windows xp mind you not linux. In bigger cities in Canada i get hsupa 7.2Mbps, connections in very fringe cellular areas i am on edge speeds. I think 2.1 or something like that, most of the time its connected on 3g. Never a problem and great speeds, rogers network. I bought modem for 249 and pay 50 a month for service. Diskless install is a bonus! SNO

SNOboy, Sep 19, 2008
  4. Bergamor

Japser

The first thing to do is to identify the device. All USB-devices have numbers: a Vendor-id and a Product-id.
    You can find these numbers with the command 'lsusb' in a terminal ( use alt-f2 ) before and after inserting it.
    There is also a graphical program called usbview, but you will have to install that on the One.
    From these numbers someone can see if the device is supported, and by which module.

Japser, Sep 19, 2008
Ask a Question