HP is the largest-selling laptop

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Corzhens, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Corzhens

SirJoe

Then I think you should be surprised, I found the link and I didn't bother doing a whois search on it. Good grief I think there are better places to get backlinks out there. Not that I have ever used them before but have you ever heard of link farms?

So let me get this straight, so after 177 posts I decided to spam my site is that what your are saying? Really? Does that even make sense?

SirJoe, Jun 1, 2016
  2. Corzhens

Vash

It is actually how they make money... off the cartridge. The printer itself is just the bait to get you to start spending.

So far you are unable to provide any proof about why you think your source is credible. And why ours is not. Everyone has told you the true figures of the market share. Yet you still refuse to admit the information in your link is wrong. If you just say "ok, my link sucked", or simply stay silent, it would be the end of it... lol

By the way, do you mind to show me the keywords you used for searching when this web site just showed up in front of you? ;)
    When I searched for information on laptop market share, your web site is no where to be found. Over 90% people only look at the first page of search results. And there are plenty of more credible sources on the first page. Not sure why you skipped all of them, then you used a random click bait site maybe somewhere after the 20th page.

Anyway, I am going to stop here since it has nothing to do with this topic.

Vash, Jun 2, 2016
  3. Corzhens

cluckeyo

I have an HP ENVY and it is a great, wireless printer. Never had such a good printer before!!

cluckeyo, Jun 3, 2016
  4. Corzhens

fcuco

I support this, I have a nice HP OfficeJet 4500 Wireless printer / scanner and that thing works like a charm, I really believe that HP makes good, quality printers and scanners. I've had nothing but great experiences with them, even with desktops, only HP laptops were a waste of time and money in my case.

As for the ink costing more than the printer that's absolutely true, but I don't think that this is a HP thing, it is industry wide and it is a sad joke. I read somewhere that printer ink costs more per ounce than the more expensive cognac. It is something absurd like costing more than gold per weight.

fcuco, Jun 6, 2016
  5. Corzhens

nytegeek

Okay, some of the models are decent. They do however produce a massive amount of junk models that they abandon any real support for.

nytegeek, Jun 7, 2016
  6. Corzhens

Dame6089

HP is a solid brand. I have had two HP laptops and can see why it would be the largest selling brand. You have to consider that the average user is not a "power" user, meaning someone who needs a lot of features. HP laptops are great starter laptops for the average person or college student. They are relatively cheap compared to some brands like Sony and Apple. They are also generally reliable and in my experience have decent customer service. For most people, that is all they really need or want from a laptop.

Dame6089, Jun 7, 2016
  7. Corzhens

fcuco

I don't know about the customer service, but both me and my girlfriend had HP laptops, different models, and both died pretty much at the same time just after a year of use. It was not the model and it was not they way we treated the machine, both laptops suffered from overheating problems and died. Well, mine pretty much melted inside. I don't think that I would bu a HP laptop ever again, any other product perhaps but not laptops.

fcuco, Jun 7, 2016
  8. Corzhens

nytegeek

What specific model numbers? I'm sorry but "melted inside" sounds like a serious exaggeration to be honest. Even if you are accurately representing your experience, two model numbers with problems out of the many that have been released isn't that bad. If that is where you set the bar good luck finding a brand that hasn't had heating issues with at least 2 models. I have two HP laptops that are over a decade old and running just fine.

nytegeek, Jun 7, 2016
  9. Corzhens

Fuzyon

From my experience with HP I'd say their middle or low level laptops are really bad in terms of build and performance, their customer support isn't that great either. Their business and ultrabook laptops are decent, I've played around with one and I was impressed with the speed and weight.

Fuzyon, Jun 7, 2016
  10. Corzhens

fcuco

It was an HP tx2000 pavillion running Widows Vista. This machine was over heating constantly. As a matter of fact, a family member had the exact same model and faced the exact same problems: once the over heating was so severe that some connectors got loose inside, probably because something melted, in my case it was the connection from the monitor to the motherboard (or the GPU) not sure, but that was not the only issue since the thing died to the point of not booting even with an external display.

My girlfriend had a different model, they are very easy to tell apart because the tx2000 was convertible and hers was not, so they were not the same model, I can't remember the model of her computer but it was the same issue, over heating to the point where the display stopped working, in her case the thing at least boots.

fcuco, Jun 9, 2016
  11. Corzhens

vinaya

The first laptop I owned was compaq,which was purchased by HP. The second laptop I bought was HP. I bought my laptop in a local store. So far there has been no problem with my laptop.However, it is getting old thus I am thinking to get a new one. I am not dissatisfied with my HP laptop,however, I want to buy another brand because I want a change

vinaya, Jun 9, 2016
  12. Corzhens

nytegeek

As I recall several manufacturers had models with overheating issues at the time that Windows Vista would have been what was installed OEM. I wouldn't discount HP over it. As I mentioned, I have 2 HP laptops that are pushing a decade in age that don't have heat issues, one of those is overclocked. I also have a recent refurbished model that doesn't really heat up at all.

nytegeek, Jun 9, 2016
  13. Corzhens

fcuco

Windows Vista was a terrible operation system, I'll give you that, and that's why I decided to explicitly mention the fact that the computers that failed were running that. The over heating was so absurd that I was literally using the laptop on top of some ice packs out of the freezer. I wanted to install Linux on it, some distro like ubuntu but back then the drivers for the tablet part were not that good.

I also have an HP desktop computer (One of those media center PC) that was also running vista, it was not that bad and actually ran amazingly fast, but with windows 7 and now windows 10 it is running better.

After the Windows Vista fiasco I abandoned Windows laptops altogether and went Mac

fcuco, Jun 9, 2016
  14. Corzhens

SirJoe

Well the only person that insists on bring up this topic is you. If I am wrong for posting a link that I found, you are more so for making false accusations. This is after all a forum, not a debate.

SirJoe, Jun 12, 2016
  15. Corzhens

nytegeek

Forums are a great outlet for debate, so yeah I have to debate that point. :p As for the link, just move on. You clearly didn't realize that it was an opinion list rather than a data source based on actual sales.

As for how you came across the link, I agree that it's odd that you would have found that one and posted it and would be curious as to what search terms you used, but I'm not going to go as far as implying you were spamming us with it. That is just rude and shouldn't have come up the way it did.

nytegeek, Jun 13, 2016
  16. Corzhens

SirJoe

That is debatable. hahaha ( had to take advantage on the play on words ;))

The Google search engine isn't perfect, at this point in time google gives a great amount of importance to big domains. I haven't gone back to the link seeing as others have posted other information, but I wouldn't be surprised if this site belongs to a big domain. So it's easy for it to rank high very quickly but it won't stay there for very long.

SirJoe, Jun 15, 2016
  17. Corzhens

nytegeek

Well Vash kind of had you there though. Your link doesn't even show up in the first several pages of a search. That is why there was curiosity of what terms you used. There are advertised links at the top of the results, my guess is that you inadvertently selected one of those and it isn't advertised anymore.

nytegeek, Jun 15, 2016
Ask a Question