HP G72 Send in for repair???

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by BruceY30, Sep 10, 2013.

1. BruceY30

BruceY30

Hi new to the forum I have a HP G72-B66 that started just shutting off suddenly about 3 weeks ago. I called HP Support (paid $59) and they had me do a BIOS update. After that the shutting off stopped. Two followup calls HP made to me to see how it was going, I gave them the thumbs up just this past Friday. All was good with the laptop untill today. It's shuttin off left and right. I called back and they had me do a hard drive test. This was supposed to take 2 hours. Only thing the computer shut down half way thru. I spoke to HP and they say it may be motherboard or hard drive. With symptoms I mentioned, they didnt Think it was the power supply. If I send in ($300) everything covered including shipping back to me. And my $59 is refunded if I say yes. This is where Im in a pickle what do I do
    1) Send it in and get a 90 day warrenty
    2) buy a new power supply and what if thats not it
    3) bite bullet and buy a new laptop. This stinks because it's only 3 years old:confused:
    Thank You for any input , Bruce

BruceY30, Sep 10, 2013
Ask a Question