HP Elitebook or HP pavilion ?

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by kally, Jan 22, 2016.

1. kally

kally

HP Elitebook Folio 9480m , i5-4210u, Intel V pro technology, 256GB SSD, 12GB RAM, 2GHz. Pre Owned for £350.

OR

HP Pavilion i5-6200u, 2TB HDD, 8GB RAM Brand New for £380 . Which one to buy ?

kally, Jan 22, 2016
  2. kally

coolyfrost

This depends on what you want to do. The HP Elitebook seems to aim more for the 3D modelling market more than anything else due to its GPU and RAM. The HP Pavillon has a better CPU and much more storage space so it's better for average users who don't really need a lot of graphic processing power or RAM in order to function with a computer. I hope that I helped somewhat, and if you're not sure please ask more questions :) .

coolyfrost, Jan 22, 2016
  3. kally

IcyBC

This is just me but for the price difference, I would go for the HP Pavillion! I don't trust anything that is pre-owed or refurbished. I know I am paranoid, but I like to be the first one to use what I bought.

It is also depend on yourself, which one will you be more comfortable using, and which specs of the laptop are important to you to have. Would love to know which one you went for :)

IcyBC, Jan 25, 2016
  4. kally

kally

Thanks guys for reply . Elitebook folio comes with a 3 year warranty bit is only valid in the USA and am currently settled in the uk .

Also another question if I go for HP pavilion model HP pavilion 15-ab291sa , i5 , 2TB , 8gb ram . Can I install an additional 256SSD on this new laptop ?

kally, Jan 25, 2016
Ask a Question