Hp 8510p Usb Port problem

Discussion in 'HP / Compaq' started by EdWh, Jun 18, 2013.

1. EdWh

EdWh

Hi all.
    I have just purchased a Hp 8510p Laptop and appears perfect in all respects. It had a new install of Win7 Home Premium and I set it up and downloaded, Firefox and the Office suite and customized with odther software I have. I then cloned the mechanical drive to a Ssb Ocz 128gb and all went well, it has the AHCI controller installed and a Sata 3- 6gb port. I checked the Ssd out for proper head positioning and all is perfect. Great laptop for a four year old refurhised, at $188.00. The only drawback I could find is that it has a analog video and no Dvi but again for a 4 year old the graphics are still very good.

I noticed in my case that if I connect a Usb Hub to a Usb port that it will not boot, it recognizes the Hub ok in the system, but Bios will not load, error message it cannot find O/S system.
    Taking out the Usb hub and rebooting all works as normal. This is all with Ac over battery so no lack of power.

I notice working around the Internet that some laptops have issues with Usb port and one case recommended deleting the Usb emulation in the Bios but there is no way to get into the Bios except to set boot order and some other basic moves.

The only reason I would like to use the hub is to keep from wearing out the ports, plugging and unplugging over time.

Anyone know if this issue is addressed anywhere or other helpful ideas?? Thanks.
    By the way the machine flys on the Ssb drive and Win 7 set the drive to proper position when I booted the drive for the first time so Windows could mark it as a master drive. Most of this is to help anyone wondering if Ssb's will work and they will as Win7 is optimized for Ssd's and has its own trim and resets system for optimal use with Ssd's. EdWh

EdWh, Jun 18, 2013
Ask a Question