HOWTO: Working Graphics in 10.5.7 on A150

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by uluf, Jun 24, 2009.

1. uluf

uluf

EDIT: This is for the Acer Aspire One A150, but it may work on other netbooks

After lots of headache I finally got graphics fully working on 10.5.7. What finally worked out for me were files from this topic:
    http://myhpmini.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1465

I have wrapped them up in this zipfile:

http://depositfiles.com/files/lj13ctz15

As a base Installation I use iAtkos v7 without graphics options

After first install, boot into single user mode with flag -s
    Then, enter the following commands:

/sbin/mount -uw /
    rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMA*
    rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext
    rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

exit
    exit

Now OSX should boot up. Install all the kexts contained within the Zipfiles using OSX86Tools, reboot with flag -f
    It should work now, no garbled screen or blue screen.

uluf, Jun 24, 2009
  2. uluf

Neodreamer

I have One D150 and this is the only time that work correctly...but with some minor problems.

When i start second time with -f, i got kernel panic. After restart normally it work without bluescreen.

But "only" when i go to system preferences, some buttons and signs dissapear and show them when the mouse pass on them.

The ram, shows before patch GMA 2Gb 667mhz and now 2Gb 533mhz, why? natit or intelframebuffer?

Please, if someone get work the system with 10.5.7, please help me.

I used iatkos v7 and this thread patches.

Thanks

Neodreamer, Jul 1, 2009
  3. uluf

XysteR

I don't get it. i installed 10.5.7 a total of 3 times using the method of not selecting any VGA device in configuration before setup. Each time i could never get above 800 X 600. I'd delete the kexts for the GMA950, download the so called working kexts, install as instructed and it'd either remain at 800 X 600 or i'd be faced with a blue screen. So i thought i'd go through the motions again, only this time select the Intel GMA950 in the configuration and during installation i got the animated nebula etc which i never had before. Then after completing the setup i found the desktop to be in 1024X600. :D

XysteR, Jul 5, 2009
  4. uluf

hDy

Selecting GMA950 during install on the iAtkos v7 worked for me aswell :) 1024x600 is nice.

hDy, Jul 5, 2009
  5. uluf

jakerrulz

for upgrading to 10.5.7, i just dloaded the combo update from apple and then modified yohko101's instructions at viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14122&start=20&

1. dload and install the update
    2. reboot into single-user mode by the flag "-s"
    3. do the /fsck and /mount as instructed
    Code:
    cd /System/Library/Extensions
    rm -r AppleIntel*
    cd ..
    rm Extensions.mkext
    shutdown -r now
    5. you should be able to login and such
    6. reinstall part 1 from diablo's kexts (from the iatkos v5i guide) and reinstall the gma950.pkg (for the mirror display fix)

notes: i was able to get this working on both my iaktos and ideneb installation. i havent tested the mirror display yet.

jakerrulz, Jul 5, 2009
Ask a Question