"How To:" Wireless (Atheros) on model ZG5 -- 160gb

Discussion in 'Windows' started by jimnandrews, Dec 15, 2008.

1. jimnandrews

jimnandrews

Ok, I'm not sure if I'm the only one who had problems getting the wireless to work in Windows 7 (I seem to be), but it's working, dammit! Here's how, for anyone else in the same boat.

1) in the Device Manager, Uninstall the "Atheros" wireless nic (if it's showing up properly, if not, just move on to number 2), and reboot, just for shits and giggles
    2) Download and execute the following: http://download.boulder.ibm.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/access_ibm_br/7kcna5ww.exe -- Please note, this is the entire driver set for some model of IBM Thinkpad or other, so *do not* run the "setup.exe" from the "DRIVERS" folder that is created when you execute "7kcna5ww.exe", move to the "ATHEROS" subfolder...
    3) Navigate to "C:\DRIVERS\W2K\ACCONWLD\ATHEROS\" and execute "Setup.exe".
    4) Just allow the setup to finish, then reboot (once again, possibly just for shits and giggles, but I always do). My wireless worked fine after that!

jimnandrews, Dec 15, 2008
  2. jimnandrews

lohtse

Thank you for the effort and work always welcome..

regards
    Andrew

lohtse, Dec 15, 2008
  3. jimnandrews

mirotis

I have been messing around with our wifi adapter and I can provide some conclusions. After installing every driver that has been published from version 7.3.0.107 till 7.6.1.162 I managed to make the switch work as well as the light. BUT trying to transfer a big file (more than 150 MB) through wireless from my fileserver gave me an error 0x80070079. I googled it but never managed to find a solution. If you have any ideas please tell them....

mirotis, Dec 16, 2008
  4. jimnandrews

mcnaget

Hello sory for my bad english,but i tested latest windows 7 and also have problems with Atheros wifi drivers and
    after hours i find a perfect driver for this.Just extract the file on the desktop manualy udate driver from device manager,
    windows wil find the driver and let them instal restart and there you go.
    These drivers are for win vista 32 and are whql.
    Happy new year to all.
    Zoran.
    Sorry the file is to big if someone want let me know on mail and i sendit.
    [email protected]

mcnaget, Dec 28, 2008
  5. jimnandrews

AlanJC

AlanJC, Jan 11, 2009
  6. jimnandrews

Bodie37

I still had the XP drivers kicking around on my hard drive. I installed them.
    Wireless working perfectly. Just no LED indication for activity, but the wireless on/off switch definately works on AAO ZG5 model. :D

Bodie37, Jan 12, 2009
  7. jimnandrews

Torro

I had problems with Vista on my One, and having the same problems with Win7.

The wifi is working out of the box, but after awhile it just stops, and I have to reboot to get it working again. Tried the updated inf, but still hopeless. In XP I can use it 24/7 without any problem, so I guess it is not an overheating or wiring issue.

Any quick fix fot this?

Torro, Jan 12, 2009
  8. jimnandrews

GvidoR

Thanks a lot jimnandrews! This worked perfectly!
    Although, I had to uninstall the device and then scan for hardware changes to get it working.. :D

GvidoR, Jan 14, 2009
  9. jimnandrews

Shad0wguy

Drivers work. Anyone know how to get the switch and led working as well?

Shad0wguy, Jan 15, 2009
Ask a Question