How to tether to N95

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ronmexico, Jul 19, 2008.

1. ronmexico

ronmexico

Can anyone help me setup a tether to a nokia N95 I really want to use my 3G on the road and can't figure this out i'm a noob

thanks in advance

ronmexico, Jul 19, 2008
  2. ronmexico

KiNG

get a bluetooth adapter for your one ?
    connect it that way ?
    don't have one, but don't see why it wouldnt work...

KiNG, Jul 19, 2008
  3. ronmexico

ronmexico

Can you tell me how to get a bluetooth adapter working on the one? I have a kensington usb bluetooth adapter.

Thanks again

ronmexico, Jul 20, 2008
  4. ronmexico

joksanen

I don't have an N95, but maybe you should try JoikuSpot (http://www.joikuspot.com). That way you don't even need a bluetooth adapter!

"JoikuSpot, developed by Joikusoft, is a secure and award winning mobile software solution that turns mobile phones instantly to WLAN (Wi-Fi) HotSpots.

With JoikuSpot, connect your laptops, iPods, EeePCs and internet tablets to internet easily and securely using your mobile phone's 3G internet connection. You will carry internet in your pocket, and will always have a secured personal WLAN (Wi-Fi) HotSpot on-the-go! Multiple devices can connect in parallel and seamlessly share the same 3G internet connection. ... Supports S60 3rd Ed mobile phones"

joksanen, Jul 20, 2008
  5. ronmexico

ronmexico

lol funny you found that I was actually using walking hotspot on my n95 on my vista hp but for some reason the wifi on the one does not recognize ad-hoc networks so joikuspot and and walking hotspot are not an option VERY FRUSTRATING! If i cant get the 3g of wireless going whats the point of my new ultra portable? Any help here greatly appreciated.

ronmexico, Jul 20, 2008
  6. ronmexico

Kev50027

As a side note: I LOVE MY N95-3! What a fantastic phone! Yeah, I just had to say that.. heh.

Kev50027, Jul 20, 2008
  7. ronmexico

cabrinus

cabrinus, Jul 21, 2008
Ask a Question