how to switch between monitors

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by daveo1000, Jul 26, 2010.

1. daveo1000

daveo1000

hi all, please can some one help, i have lost the ability to switch my acer to external monitor via the vga plug on the side, i would normaly press, ctrl,alt and f1 to switch to external monitor and ctrl,alt and f3 to go bact to the acer screen..any idea's
    thanks daveo

daveo1000, Jul 26, 2010
  2. daveo1000

Forone

Could be Fn+F5

Here's from the Launch Manager Help (AOA150 - can't speak to the other models):

To activate a keyboard hotkey, press and hold the Fn key, then press the other key(s) in the combination.

Hot Key Function Description
    Fn+F1 Hot key help Displays this help file.
    Fn+F2 System Properties Launch System Properties.
    Fn+F3 Power Options Launch Power Options.
    Fn+F4 Sleep Puts the computer in Sleep mode, which can be defined via the advanced section of the Power Options Properties in the Windows Control Panel.
    Fn+F5 Display toggle Switches display output between the notebook LCD, an external monitor and both the notebook LCD and external monitor.
    Fn+F6 Screen blank Turns the LCD backlight off to save power; press any key to resume.
    Fn+F7 Touchpad on/off Turns the internal touchpad on and off.
    Fn+F8 Speaker on/off Turns the speakers on and off.

Forone, Jul 27, 2010
Ask a Question