How to speed up laptop

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by mopli, Jan 13, 2016.

1. mopli

mopli

Hello guys,

I just wanted to ask how to speed up my laptop. I know that speed is relative to my internet connection but I meant my general speed of my laptop, like how fast it can open programs like Word for example. I tried a lot but I can't seem to find any working method. Do you guys have any suggestions on how to cope with this problem?

mopli, Jan 13, 2016
  2. mopli

IcyBC

When I still have my HP, I use CCleaner and it seems to do the job very well!

IcyBC, Jan 14, 2016
  3. mopli

something back

Welcome to the laptop forums site.

There's many different things that could be using resources, the running
    of the internet uses little resources, unless you are using online gaming,
    or graphic type processes over the internet.

The best thing is to go to right click on the task bar, and click task manager.

In the task manager go to the start up section, and disable some of the programs
    that automatically start up, retaining the important ones like antivirus.

something back, Jan 14, 2016
  4. mopli

Krissttina Isobe

:oops:I had so much problems with borrowing my little netbook and I came here and asked why and what to do...well an expert said it sounded like malware and trojan horses and believe me the little netbook was so slowwwww. So I found Microsoft security essentials that's absolutely free and it's so good and it speeds up my netbook too. Definitely very wonderful little protection with computer speed up too. Be sure to scan everyday and check the settings once you install it. Faster and better computer now...so delighted!!! Hope this helps and you're welcome in advance!:)

Krissttina Isobe, Jan 18, 2016
  5. mopli

djtech

First of all, it maybe a hardware or a software issue. So, check your config, what kind of a processor, ram, graphics card, etc. do you have? If all of those are optimal according to the kind of work you want to do, then you may try the usual maintenance stuff. For example on windows, you can right click on a drive such as C, select properties and the click on disk clean up. Or you can uninstall any unnecessary software that may not be of use to you. You can also try to keep the drive that contains windows as free as possible. Lastly, try to control how and when your system updates itself or uploads data. You can usually find step by step guides online that will help you do this.

djtech, Jan 25, 2016
  6. mopli

Pablo Diaz

First of all, you can't ask for more than what your laptop can give you, as it is limited by its specifications.

But there are some things you can do to speed it up:

First, you can clean up your laptop by deleting everything you don't use. Programs, documents, cahes, everything. This, by itself, will speed up your computer.

Then you should run an antivirus to see if you got any malware that can be slowing down your stuff.

And finally, as I do every year, I would recommend totally formatting your PC! I do this every year to remove everything on my PC and make it like if I had just bought it. It's pretty useful and, for me, the most effective way of speeding it up.

Pablo Diaz, Feb 21, 2016
  7. mopli

vinaya

You can delete temporary files from your computer and run antivirus to speed up your computer. If 90 percent memory of your computer is used, it can also slow your computer, Release the memory by moving files to other devices.

vinaya, Mar 11, 2016
  8. mopli

fcuco

You can take 2 approaches: one is hardware related and the other is software related.

You can still add additional RAM to some laptops these days, that should be very simple providing that you still have room to upgrade and know the right RAM stick to buy.

You could also change to a SSD if you don't have one, this is a little more technical and will probably require you to reinstall your SO.

On the software side, stick to all proven methods to improve the speed and performance of your SO, any advice on that matter will work for your laptop just fine.

fcuco, Mar 13, 2016
Ask a Question