How to sped up a HP i3 laptop ?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Aardvark, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Aardvark

Aardvark

My wife has an HP i3-6006u (2GHz and 3MB cache) with 4GB DDR4 which has always been REALLY slow to boot up and do anything. It seems therefore that its just a poorly performing laptop rather than being overloaded and needing a clear out.

Can anyone advise if it's possible to upgrade this to get faster booting up and performance ? If it is, would that best be done by upgrading the processor (to i5 or i7 ?) or by adding more RAM ?

We can't really afford a new laptop (although that might be the simplest way to solve this) so Im hopping there's a cheaper alternative.......

Thanks for any advice or tips.

Aardvark, Mar 15, 2021
  2. Aardvark

gray1

I do not own this modell of laptop but the first thing I would do is see if I had a regular spin hard drive. If I did, I would change it out with an SSD and never look back. That is the fastest and best way to increase speed. A drawback of this laptop is that it appears to only have a 15 watt processor. It is good for battery life but no so good with speed. Good Luck.

gray1, Mar 16, 2021
Ask a Question