How to set up second monitor

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by larrys3255, Sep 11, 2009.

1. larrys3255

larrys3255

I am using a second monitor plugged into the VGA port of the Acer. I want to use a higher screen resolution on the monitor than on the laptop. How do I set up the second monitor. I went to the Graphics setup and clicked on use two monitors. it t hen appears using the same res as the laptop. If I right click on the desktop and go to Advanced, I cant set it for the desired res and if I click Extend Desktop to Second Monitor" it stays at the low res.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Larry

larrys3255, Sep 11, 2009
  2. larrys3255

PinkPanter

Thank you for this question. There appears to be no answer to this so far. Set up you graphics to external monitor only and reboot computer. If all is well your system will look for the driver of your external monitor and install that(make sure a coy of the CD with driver is on your hard disk). Than you should be able to have a higher resolution (a bit more than 600 vertikal) on your external monitor. Don't expect too much of it. But text editing and light stuff should work. Please keep me posted. This is only theory. Best, JOHN

PinkPanter, Sep 17, 2009
  3. larrys3255

PinkPanter

You can do 1024x768 on the lcd screen by installing A1ctl from
    http://nodadev.wordpress.com/

Maybe even higher resolutions than this. Your computer will not go faster by this of course.

PinkPanter, Sep 18, 2009
Ask a Question