how to restore after formatting hard disk

Discussion in 'Windows' started by atariman2002, Aug 13, 2008.

1. atariman2002

atariman2002

hey all,

just new here,

bought myself an acer aspire one today and want to put a new LEGIT copy of xp pro on it.

My question is if i decide to go back to the original OS then where is the installation cd?

Nothing in my box?

How does someone reinstall windows on their ONE if they have formatted?

atariman2002, Aug 13, 2008
  2. atariman2002

iDq

Try to generate a full image of the drive. You can use Norton Ghost (search for 'Hiren's CD'). Also, you'll need to make a bootable USB.

[EDIT]: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=651

iDq, Aug 13, 2008
  3. atariman2002

gAbS

atariman,

didn't your Aspire One come with a recovery DVD? it easily lets you restore the One to its original setting (Linpus Lite OS) in less than 30 mins.

better ask for the recovery DVD from where you purchased your One

gAbS, Aug 14, 2008
  4. atariman2002

atariman2002

Hi guys thanks for the replies.

I telephoned acer and they said is there is no such thing as a recovery cd for the aspire one unless you have the linux model.

Basically once warranty runs out if i want to upgrade the hard drive or even replace it myself after a crash should i not be able to install the operating system myself without having to pay acer?

My original intentions are to format my hdd and install a new copy of xp professional as i want to be able to log onto our domain servers.

I have the drivers for it now from the euro ftp site but and scared to format for fears i cant restore the unit back to factory. The hdd is a 120gb model and only 105gb is usable in windows as 5-6gb is used by the hidden partition.

I want to fdisk the whole drive then format and install xp pro.

Issue is that a fdisk with remove the hidden recovery partition.

Ok, they dont include a recovery disk but at least a utitlity in the unit for creating a recover iso file that can be burned later to a dvd or cd.

cmon acer pull your finger out!!!!!

atariman2002, Aug 14, 2008
Ask a Question