How to Reformat a usb stick

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Guest, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi please can I have a guide on how to reformat USB pendrives as I have 2 sandisc criusers that i need to reformat I was playing with the AA1backup from the macles blog and both have been formatted to a unix format that my other laptop which is windows does not recognise

mike46

Guest, Feb 6, 2009
  2. Guest

PaKelley

Run a Google search for - " HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool "

Download it and use it to format your flash drive - that should solve your problem.

Good Luck

PaKelley, Feb 7, 2009
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

thanks but that is for windows i was looking for a linpus solution, as i have been able to cure the problem of windows not reading the stick after it was made bootable by the AA1Backup by erasing the partition using windows discmngt.exe and then formatting I dont need to know how windows can reformat surely there is way of not resorting to windows everytime i need to reformat removable memory

mike46

Guest, Feb 8, 2009
  4. Guest

ClassicS40

virutal box, and windows xp. will help you.

i have a bootable cd, wich i can also format drives and flash cards if needed. i know it's a working solution without having to search for 2 hours of text.

cheers.

ClassicS40, Jun 9, 2009
Ask a Question