How to Protect Your Family from the Dangers of Formaldehyde

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sefie, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Sefie

Sefie

I have been talking about the dangers that Formaldehyde can pose to our families in other forums, since this highly toxic chemical can be found in so many products, even clothes. I thought it'd b good to share this article with all you:

http://www.keeperofthehome.org/2012...-family-from-the-dangers-of-formaldehyde.html

Sefie, Sep 8, 2015
  2. Sefie

IcyBC

Yikes...how horrible that we must always be vigilant even inside our homes for toxic thing like formaldehyde. It seems as if it is impossible to avoid and I need to purchase one of those online test kits to check my house since it is an old house. Thanks for sharing this information.

IcyBC, Sep 24, 2015
  3. Sefie

Sefie

Yeah, it's really sad our families get exposed to this kind of things :( Formaldehyde it's really dangerous in its gas form, it is known it causes cancer. So the houses that are tainted with it need to be very cool all the time, if they get too warm that nasty thing might be released in the shape of a gas. So scary! Sadly Formaldehyde can also be found in personal care products :( but it's the most dangerous when found in hair straighteners... it comes under the name of methylene glycol, and when exposed to eat formaldehyde is released.

Sefie, Sep 25, 2015
Ask a Question