How to Mount FTP as volume in linpus?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Trond, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Trond

Trond

Greetings

I have an FTP server on my LAN and would like to mount this on AA1 to make it easyer to stream video and music. Right click on file in stead of typing path user passwrd in VLC. On Vista I can do this with an ap called FTPDrive and I belive I have found something simmilar ap for linux: CurlFtpFS
    However my linux skills are to follow an step by step guide and as I understand the linpus version on AA1 is limited I am far from the level where I can figure out what commands to type in terminal by myself.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Thanks to the guide about pyNeighborhood I am able to browse shared folders on my Vista box but my plan for my home network is to store all shared files on the ftp server.

Trond, Aug 7, 2008
  2. Trond

Trond

My first attemt to install curlftpfs stopped at ./configure with this:
    Code:
    checking for GLIB... configure: error: Package requirements  (glib-2.0) were not met:

No package 'glib-2.0' found

so I guess I am missing a library. Dependency is what make linux interesting:)

anyone, help please?

Trond, Aug 7, 2008
  3. Trond

mattvirus

FTPDrive doesn't really stream. It pulls the whole file down to your local workstation and then uses the cached file. Using an SMB network share would give you true streaming of files on a LAN.

mattvirus, Aug 8, 2008
  4. Trond

Trond

OK I gave up on the update glib issue and configured the server as shared drive. Mount it on AA1 and this work perfect.

Trond, Aug 10, 2008
Ask a Question