How to keep the acer 751h from restarting when i overclock??

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by samusishere, Jun 27, 2010.

1. samusishere

samusishere

i cant get my netbook to stop shuting down when i over clock and i know its not to hot so is there enything i can do???

samusishere, Jun 27, 2010
  2. samusishere

Swarvey Moderator

Re: How to keep the acer 751h from restarting when i overclo

You'll probably find that you are indeed overheating the CPU and most probably effecting the RAM too. As a result of overclocking your machine, causing miscalculations and windows is BSODing and crashing. For proof, next time you boot windows, tap the F8 key to bring up the boot menu and choose "disable restart on system failure". Then continue into windows. When you overclock you'll get a pretty BSOD trying to explain why your system is shutting down. This is more than evident enough that overclocking is causing your system to miscalculate and break.

Either that, or you're using the wrong clock gen to alter the frequencies.

Swarvey, Jun 27, 2010
  3. samusishere

samusishere

but my system never goes over 60 degrees Celsius and its still crashing. so i know its not to hot because if it was it would get a hell of a lot hotter. but on rare occasions i can get the system to almost 78 degrees on purpose and it wont crash but say for instance your reading or something it will crash for no reason and its not doing anything.

samusishere, Jun 28, 2010
  4. samusishere

Swarvey Moderator

so what are the BSOD codes?

Swarvey, Jul 3, 2010
Ask a Question