How to keep battery life.

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Guest, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Is there any way to keep long battery life?

Should a laptop only be plugged in during charging and not just during normal use?

Thanks

Guest, Aug 24, 2008
  2. Guest

hazetonn

Wikipedia's info on prolonging Lithium Ion battery life:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_io ... ttery_life

The basic thing is that heat is the biggest determinant of lost battery potential over time, so it's best to remove the battery from the computer when using it plugged in for long periods, as the heat from the computer will deplete the battery's potential faster.

hazetonn, Aug 24, 2008
  3. Guest

atarione

there is a big long post on this topic in here somewhere.

if you are going to plug it in for a long long time you might want to pull the battery (powering it off first then plugging it in) however since it is a two pound netbook the odds are it is going to be going w/ you frequently (mine is certainly getting a lot of coming along around town anywayz).

pretty soon ebay should be ripe w/ aftermarket replacement batteries (the eee pc ones seem to be avail from about $30 for a standard batt) I for my part am not going to sweat it... if for some reason suddenly going to be using my AAO at home full time for weeks I'll pull the batt.. otherwise I'm going to charge it when I am home and pwr it off / unplug it at night and then take it with me during the day. When I see a good deal on a decent batt on ebay I'm going to grab me a spare.

yeah the battery will eventually wear out but it isn't going to be that expensive to replace so I'm not personally even going to worry about it all.

atarione, Aug 24, 2008
Ask a Question