How to install OSX usb stick on ubuntu linux?

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by adjektiivi, Apr 5, 2009.

1. adjektiivi

adjektiivi

can someone tell me how to do that, i have only ubuntu no xp.

adjektiivi, Apr 5, 2009
  2. adjektiivi

Jay150

I'm not exactly sure how well this could/may work, but follow these brief steps:

1). Find a torrent of any hacked OS X install. Download it.
    2). Extract if need be. (if the file is a .dmg then Google "DMG2ISO" for Linux and you'll find a java application that will decompress it.
    3). Download a programe called Unetbootin. This will allow you to mount the ISO file and make the USB bootable with the files on it.
    4). Find your ISO file and mount it using Netbootin.

That's it. Shut down. Hit F12 to enter boot order and select your USB port (may take a few tries to get the right one, there's more than one USB mode- I always just put all my USB modes at the top so even if I don't know which one it is, it'll still get it)

Enter the install and follow another guide here.

If anything goes wrong and you have to go back to Ubuntu, I'd suggest either cloning your current install before under-taking this using something such as Clonezilla, or creating a LiveUSB. Or if you simply want to set up a partition to keep Ubuntu, shrink it and make appropriate room for OS X

Go ahead with the install and good luck!

(please bear in mind I've never tried this, but will do once I get my Aspire One back from Acer repairs. I'll post my findings and reports on here when I do.

Regards,

Jay.

Jay150, Jun 12, 2009
Ask a Question