How to install Linpus lite 9.4 (web version) to my AAO?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by arvacon, Nov 27, 2008.

1. arvacon

arvacon

Does somebody knows how they will work the devices like wifi or camera etc. when I will install the linpus lite 9.4?
    I run the live cd but it is not recognize some of the devices.I don't want ubuntu or the classic acer linpus,I want to install this version.. If there are not drivers for this and it is impossible to install this to my AAO,is there any way to put the desktop of the web linpus 9.4 to the AAO standard linpus?

arvacon, Nov 27, 2008
  2. arvacon

arvacon

Thanks to everybody for your support to my problem... :x

arvacon, Nov 29, 2008
  3. arvacon

RockDoctor

The answer to your first question is yes, somebody knows. In fact, I think I know, but I haven't tried it, so I can't be sure. :lol:

As for your second question, it begins with a premise that is no doubt false. It is possible to install any distro that works as a live CD on your AA1 onto the SSD. However, it may not work properly without a lot of tweaking.

RockDoctor, Nov 29, 2008
  4. arvacon

flamingswrd

Software support is not guaranteed by any distro, and from what I have heard, all distros at the moment require some kind of tweak for full operation.

I have no idea if you could get the Desktop Linpus desktop on the AAO, but I would trust a distro with a better website before Linpus (something is seriously broken with their site...)

As for a full capable Linux distro for the One, try waiting for Kuki Linux. Their team(?) is currently working on a custom version just for the AAO, so it is one to keep an eye on. More info on their dedicated thread: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6115

Good luck and have fun.

flamingswrd, Nov 30, 2008
  5. arvacon

arvacon

Guys,thanks for your replies..
    So,I must forget that kind of linpus for now..If I could at least,to put that desctop only,I would be happy..

arvacon, Dec 2, 2008
Ask a Question