How to get XP to recognise the card readers as local drives?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by terence, May 2, 2009.

1. terence

terence

I downloaded and installed the Hitachi MicroDriver solution for getting my AAO to 'see' my card readers as local drives (so that I can use the Recycle Bin, see their remaining capacity in MyComputer, 'see' them in my defrag app etc.). But although it appears to work well of itself, it has had a few knock-on effects including forcing ''checking for errors'' scans every startup, CorelDraw crashing, the odd BSOD. Anyone know how to fix this, or if there is another way to have the system recognise my SD cards as local drives? Thanx

terence, May 2, 2009
  2. terence

jackluo923

Replace the microdrive driver with the standard driver. The with the standard removable drive driver, you can check their remaining capcity in my computer, 'see" them in defrag app (no use since flash storage doesn't require the standard defrag), and it won't force you to check scans at every startup or make your programs crash. There's really no point in recognising SD cards as local drives unless you're using it to install your OS on it. Even then, there are workarounds.

jackluo923, May 2, 2009
Ask a Question