How to get last.fm player-based streaming to work?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by jk534, Apr 14, 2009.

1. jk534

jk534

Hi,
    I've been trying to get last.fm streaming to work from a media player in Linux with no success. I downloaded Amarok (as recommended by last.fm) but i get this error:
    No suitable input plugin. This often means that the url's protocol is not supported. Network failures are other possible causes.
    http://195.**.***.**:**/last.mp3?Sessio ... 2ffc13db05

I then tried using the last.fm player from the repositories but that said "Couldn't load radio service 'httpinput'. The radio will not work."

HELP! anyone got last.fm to work (apart from streaming off the website obviously)? Maybe i should just convert to Ubuntu......

jk534, Apr 14, 2009
  2. jk534

ClassicS40

you need to install a second patch for amarok, search the topics and you will know what this amarok patch name is. - i think you can find this patch with your add remove software.

cheers

ClassicS40, Jun 9, 2009
  3. jk534

ClassicS40

1) you first update the repos, with your terminal.

type this command in your terminal.

sudo yum install fedora-release

2) right click (advance mode) then, go and select system/add-remove software.

3) ok the patch u need to install is Amarok-extras-freeworld- 1.4.10.fc8.noarch

4) RESTART

ClassicS40, Jun 9, 2009
  4. jk534

m4xr8d

m4xr8d, Jun 9, 2009
Ask a Question