How to extract exe. files on Android devices?

Discussion in 'Android' started by pandandesign, Feb 3, 2014.

1. pandandesign

pandandesign

I have downloaded a few files ending exe., which is used on Windows computers, and those files don't work on any Android devices because they don't support these kind of files. I don't know if there's specific software to extract or open exe. files, but I would like to be able to open the exe. files on an Android device. Has anyone tried that before? Is there any way to extract or open the exe. files on Android devices?

pandandesign, Feb 3, 2014
  2. pandandesign

elPaulio Moderator

Hello,

No, I'm not aware of any way to run Windows Executable files on an Android device.
    The two operating systems are completely different and cannot understand software written for each other.

Paul

elPaulio, Feb 3, 2014
  3. pandandesign

NeroFerk

I do not think androids can run .exe files. Nor do I think that you can download it on one either.

NeroFerk, Feb 25, 2014
  4. pandandesign

Clanky

That's not possible. You can run most of the Windows Application in Linux with "Wine". But there's no tool/app for this on Android.

Clanky, Mar 4, 2014
  5. pandandesign

gadgetised

Yeah, you can't do that. And you can't extract an .exe file either. It is an application file.

gadgetised, Apr 1, 2014
  6. pandandesign

sparkster

As people have stated above you cannot do this, you would have to transfer the files to a Windows computer and then run them on the computer. Why on Earth would you want to run Windows executable files on an Android device anyway, if you don't mind me asking?

sparkster, Aug 15, 2015
Ask a Question