How to enter BIOS (no option with F2, D257)

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by TraptPatriot, Sep 13, 2011.

1. TraptPatriot

TraptPatriot

Hey guys, did a search and couldn't find anything descriptive. I am trying to change my boot order on my Acer Aspire One D257 so I can install my SSD with a clean OS. When I start the computer up, I push F2 and it takes me to a menu where it says:

Windows Boot Manager.
    Choose an operating system to start, or press TAB to select a tool:

Windows 7

To specify an advanced option for this choice, press F8.

Tools:
    Windows Memory Diagnostic

There is no option anywhere for BIOS, even when I press F8. Is there something I need to do in Windows to get the BIOS enabled? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but really confused!

TraptPatriot, Sep 13, 2011
  2. TraptPatriot

Swarvey Moderator

You need to start tapping F2 as soon as you've pressed the power button. Modern computers have the "quick boot" BIOS setting enabled by default and in some cases the BIOS boots quicker than the LCD and graphics chip can sync up, which means sometimes the first screen you see is the Windows loading screen. Tapping F2 as soon as you press the power button will bypass the quickboot and put you into your BIOS settings.

Before you alter your partitions or install another OS, it's highly recommended that you run the backup media creation utility from within Windows so if anything goes wrong you can restore the netbook to factory defaults.

Swarvey, Sep 13, 2011
  3. TraptPatriot

TraptPatriot

Got it! Thank you! Helped me out so much.

And I don't need to backup anything because I am installing my SSD. The HDD is going to be stored if/when I need warranty work. Thanks again!

TraptPatriot, Sep 14, 2011
Ask a Question