How To Do Video Chat?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by LTCSZ, Mar 1, 2009.

1. LTCSZ

LTCSZ

OK, now for a real demonstration of my computer ignorance...Both I and a friend have purchased Acer Ones...We want to try to set up a "video chat' using the built in web cams so that we can ,well, video chat...Neither of us has the slightest idea how to do it...I have searched for an answer but haven't found anything simple enough for our rapidly aging minds...Does anyone know of a simple, repeat, simple tutorial or set of directions we could use? Again, we don't want anything fancy, just the ability to see and talk with each other (even though neither of us is much to look at)...Thanks a lot...

LTCSZ, Mar 1, 2009
  2. LTCSZ

Tarheel72

Well, obviously you have to have some software application and an internet connection. One of the easiest ways is Skype. Since you did not specify what OS you are using I can not give specific info, but if it is Windows, just download Skype for Windows off of the Skype website. It is free. Install it on both computers, register to get an account, and then just connect to the other user. That's all there is to it. It works with other OS as well. You can also use other video chat applications as well. If you don't want to use Skype just do a google search for video chat applications and pick one out. Here are five to chose from: http://lifehacker.com/5088083/five-best ... plications

Tarheel72, Mar 2, 2009
  3. LTCSZ

Zadok

Unless there is something I've missed here, the simplest solution is to use the "Messenger" program which is built in. It's on the main menu page! Has video chat built in and very good it is too. You can even use it with any MSN account to chat to people on Windows PCs as well.

Z.

Zadok, Mar 7, 2009
  4. LTCSZ

LTCSZ

Thanks for the advice...I have settled on Skype and am quite pleased with it...

Steve

LTCSZ, Mar 7, 2009
Ask a Question