How to connect to internet

Discussion in 'Networking' started by bkelly, Oct 9, 2022.

1. bkelly

bkelly

We were given an ASUS notebook, model UX303V Notebook PC
    It does not have a standard Ethernet connection. It does has two USB ports and an SD connection on the left side.
    On the right is an HDMI, a USB, an unknown connection and the power jack.
    That unknown connection has a marking that might be a stylized P or D, but I cannot determine what it is.

We need to reset the computer and gain access to the admin account. There is no information / data on the computer that needs to be saved.

I found a method to reload the OS via network but it stated it could not do that.
    So, I need some method of hard-wired connection to the internet.

How is this connection to be made? What kind of cable must be used?

Thank you for your time.

bkelly, Oct 9, 2022
  2. bkelly

bkelly

I don't have an edit option so do a reply.
    I found some steps to re-install. It did not work out well. Here is what has been done:
    Shift Restart
    This gets the options Continue, Use a device, Troubleshoot and Turn off the PC
    Select Shift Troubleshoot
    Options are Reset this PC and Advanced Options
    Select Shift Reset this PC
    Two options: Keep my files, Remove Everything
    Select Remove everything
    The display goes black for a while, then prompts with: Cloud download or Local reinstall
    Select Cloud Download
    There is a USB to Ethernet adapter connected to the PC and to the router with a cable.
    Two options: Only the drive where Windows is installed, All Drives
    Select all drives
    Two options: Just remove my files, fully clean the drive
    Select Fully clean
    It displays, Getting things ready
    This is displays: Additional free space is needed where Windows is installed. Free up some space and try again.

Big Problem: I specified to clean the drive. Everything. I cannot get more space than that.
    What can I do?

As noted in the OP, I don’t have the admin password and cannot delete previous users stuff.

bkelly, Oct 10, 2022
Ask a Question