How To Change Display Resolution Acer Aspire One 523h (N450)

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by riefin, Apr 26, 2010.

1. riefin

riefin

I Can't change display resolution Acer Aspire One 523h (N450) To Set: 1024 x 768 pixels. I Tray Use combination: a1ctl_v1.0, VB6.0-KB290887-X86, MSCOMCTL.OCX but it's same can't change (Blank white screen). Do you help me please???. Thanks.

riefin, Apr 26, 2010
  2. riefin

JDoo

If you are running Windows 7 Starter, the registry tweek in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=20012&p=113540#p113540 should work (did for me). That said --- 1024 is the native resolution for your system, so while you will be able to select something different by making the registry changes - your screen will look stretched.

JDoo, Apr 26, 2010
  3. riefin

riefin

I Use Windows XP Service Pack 3. In regedit not found: Display1_DownScalingSupported. Please help me???. Thx. :?:

riefin, Apr 27, 2010
  4. riefin

JDoo

Ah... XP. Hmmm... From memory -- so this may be off a tad: Right click on the desktop then go into properties > the settings tab > then click the advanced button > another window will come up then from there select the monitor tab. You should then see a part where it says 'monitor settings' from there, unselect the option which says "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display" ... Then select ok to save the option and you will have the window which will have "Display Properties" and go back to the settings tab. From there you should be able to choose a higher resolution.

JDoo, Apr 28, 2010
Ask a Question