How to boot straight to VGA out?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by freethrowking, Oct 5, 2011.

1. freethrowking

freethrowking

My LCD cable is glitchy and not working. VGA out shows picture on boot up but goes black after bootup screen. How can I boot straight to VGA out so the picture stays on the external monitor? Can it be done without using the stock LCD?

freethrowking, Oct 5, 2011
  2. freethrowking

Holden27

I have an old laptop which I want to use with an external monitor as the default display.

It's a Dell Inspiron 5160 and I'm using the normal VGA output for the monitor.

The laptop is in a cabinet, and while I can get to the on/off switch, it's not easy to do the Fn+F8 toggle to get the external display to show.

Question is: can I set up the laptop to automatically favour the external display on startup? I've had a look in the desktop options but there's nothing obvious.

Maybe a bios setting to force it to external display? Or is there a little script I can put into startup that replicate the Fn+F8 toggle?

Any ideas gratefully received!

Holden27, Jan 12, 2012
  3. freethrowking

Wapoc

Yeah, it can be done without using the stock LCD.
    I have tried 2 times

Wapoc, Jan 12, 2012
Ask a Question