How much SSD/HardDrive space do you use?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Elllipsis, Aug 30, 2008.

?

How much SSD/HardDrive space do you use/expect to use

1. Less than 5GB (just a few programs/media files in addition to the basic installation)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Less than 8GB (Full/nearly full SSD or a hard drive with plenty of space)

77.8%
  3. Less than 20GB (Some programs and media)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Less than 60 GB (Lots of programs and media)

22.2%
  5. Less than 120 GB (LOTs of media and stored files)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Elllipsis

Elllipsis

I currently have a SSD with Linpus and I am using about 5GB of space. I clean out my media regularly and have replaced some of the default programs. 8GB of space seems plenty to me...even on my desktop I rarely exceed using 20GB. How about you?

Elllipsis, Aug 30, 2008
  2. Elllipsis

gbee

Way I see it, media etc belongs on SD cards, usb flash drives and other removable storage. Applications are never going to consume more than 5Gb, using 3Gb now with extra apps installed and a 1Gb swap, which means I'll always have 3Gb of space handy.

Even my desktop machines have just 5-6Gb available for the OS and applications, they tend to run 1Gb under than most of the time as long as tmp files and logs are kept under check.

gbee, Aug 30, 2008
  3. Elllipsis

stygiansonic

Running the Windows XP version here and have used 22.1 GB of 105 GB on the main partition. This is mainly because I have my entire MP3 collection copied over (partially as a secondary backup) which takes up around 10 GB (don't have that much music)

The only game I have installed is Guild Wars, which is currently taking up around ~2 GB but may use more since it downloads updates/content on-demand and I haven't played it much on the AAO. (On my desktop it takes up ~ 4 GB)

stygiansonic, Aug 30, 2008
  4. Elllipsis

acer3ie

The 8GB SSD is about 5Gb and I use a 8GB SD card for all my files, media and downloads so I will be able to move them to my other computers with no problems. :D ,on the 8GB SD Card I am using about 7GB of space.

acer3ie, Aug 31, 2008
Ask a Question