How much space does Linpus Lite take?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by FountainDew, Dec 14, 2008.

1. FountainDew

FountainDew

Hi, just wondering how many gigs would Linpus Lite take on a fresh formatted disk and standard installation (not like there's another installation choice anyway). :D I ask because I want to partition off my 8GB SSD and dual boot Ubuntu 8.10. The Wireless kill switch apparently in Ubuntu if you ever switched it to OFF, it stays off permanently until booted into Linpus and turned back ON.

FountainDew, Dec 14, 2008
  2. FountainDew

daldred

The basic AAO came with about 3.6G of space left, after Linpus and a 1Gb swap partition, so that implies Acer Linpus takes about 3.4G on a standard install.

Are you sure about that wireless switch thing on Ubunutu? That would be a total killer for Ubunutu, but many people seem to be running it without reporting the issue; sine some of them have been involved in working out how to make the switch work and how to get on screen feedback, I think they might have mentioned it if they needed to boot into Linpus every time to get it back!

daldred, Dec 14, 2008
Ask a Question