How much faster 1.5G ram over 1G?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by fbx, Nov 26, 2008.

1. fbx

fbx

I'm getting my One (120G, 1G ram, WinXP) tomorrow, so I've watched five or six install videos on YouTube tonight. Looks doable, but I'm wondering if it's a big increase in speed on the units that come with 1 GB of ram?

fbx, Nov 26, 2008
  2. fbx

nmesisca

depends what you do with your AAO really.
    if you're using big applications or heavy multitaasking then yes, you should see a quantifiable increase of performance.
    Otherwise not much at all.
    This is with XP though, with Vista the more you have the merrier :)

nmesisca, Nov 26, 2008
  3. fbx

Forone

My Dell 2.6mhz runs XP with 2 gig of RAM and there's no noticeable performance difference on the things I do on the AA1 with 1.6mhz and 1gig RAM. (In fact, for routine XP browsing and office software functions, neither is noticeably better than my defunct Dell 886mhz running 512k RAM.) Obviously this does not apply to Photoshop and other intensive applications I don't use AA1 for.

Forone, Nov 26, 2008
  4. fbx

fbx

Thanks. That would've been my guess, though I image if you could go to 2G or 2.5G you might see some difference?

Also, in this connection, does that USB-based speedup arrangement that people were talking about a while back actually work, and will it work in the AA1? And is there any similar virtue, speedwise, to using a 16 GB SDHC card in the Storage Expansion slot?

fbx, Nov 27, 2008
  5. fbx

Sneekypete

made a suitable diffrence to me. I am a multitasker and she did lag out a little bit before the upgrade. So far she's been running smooth as ice with out any error's..where as before i upgraded i did see the blue screen of death more than id care to admit. For 15 dollars i was quite pleased.

Sneekypete, Nov 29, 2008
Ask a Question