How many are still using Windows 7?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by superfastkyle, Mar 29, 2009.

1. superfastkyle

superfastkyle

I ask cause I finally had to switch back to xp for ONE major issue. I found it impossible to put a window off screen with the "window snap" feature. Some dialog boxes were longer than 600 pixels and I was unable to move them up to click ok or whatever.

superfastkyle, Mar 29, 2009
  2. superfastkyle

Tamrac

I'm gonna use this Win7 7057 for a while. I tweaked it enough for me to actually like using this new OS. It's still not as fast as XP. But with all the bells and whistles I figure it's bearable. My most major complaint so far is the extremely long shutdown times, and the random explorer crashes. IE8 is also unstable, but I don't really care since I use firefox. I'm on an 8gb SSD AAO w/ 1gb RAM. I think this is enough reason for me to upgrade to 1.5gb and see if performance improves. ;)

Tamrac, Mar 29, 2009
  3. superfastkyle

frexe

I too am gonna be using 7057 for a while. No real problems here, I tweaked it with Askvg tweaks(great tweaks). No problems with IExplorer8 I actually prefer it over Firefox. However, when I have Spybot SD installed and fully immunized it causes IExplorer to run very slow and often times nonresponsive. Once i Undid the Immunization everything was back to its normal speed. All I have protecting my computer now is AvGfree.

frexe, Mar 29, 2009
  4. superfastkyle

myuusmeow

While that is a problem, that really wasn't enough to make me go back to XP.

myuusmeow, Mar 29, 2009
  5. superfastkyle

swm5126

I used build 7000 since it came out up until the other day with no problems whatsoever. Loved the fast boot times and slick interface. I'm now using 7068 without any problems so far. We'll see how that goes...

swm5126, Apr 1, 2009
  6. superfastkyle

Chimera

I'm still using build 7000 on a daily basis with no problems. Granted I only use it for web surfing (Firefox) and watching TV (Beyond TV link) but it's stable, never needs rebooting (I only ever standby or hibernate) and just plain works.

Chimera, Apr 2, 2009
  7. superfastkyle

scooby222

i was using a vlited vista but now im using windows 7 v7068 and have to say for a beta it runs really smoothly much better than the v7000 and the vista and i find its fast.but i still cant get the mic to work arrggh (need help on this have tried everything) but stiil love this machine and looking forward to the rc1 which ive just read needs a clean install lol

scooby222, Apr 12, 2009
  8. superfastkyle

afatosum

Windows 7 is a great OS. I find it to be rather fast and more user friendly. I think I will be using it for a while too. New OS are rather boring esp. Windows 8.

afatosum, Jul 25, 2016
  9. superfastkyle

obliviousme

Wow good for you. I don't think i can go back to XP, sure the Os is very stable but it's interface looks really out of date compared to the OS following it. But it's a really good OS. I loved it.

obliviousme, Aug 1, 2016
  10. superfastkyle

Corzhens

My laptop is running on Windows 7. Our home desktop is running on Windows XP. I brought home a licensed installer to upgrade our home desktop. It was okay at first but later on, there were issues like some old programs wouldn't run properly particularly the music maker. My husband was exasperated because he was doing an audio piece - a musical arrangement - and he was having a problem running 2 software for that purpose. After a day of futility, he re-installed the Windows XP and everything was back to normal.

Corzhens, Aug 3, 2016
Ask a Question