How long will BIOS updat take

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by reglof, Nov 8, 2008.

1. reglof

reglof

Hi,

I currently have BIOS 3109 and the much talked about wireless issues running Linpus.
    I am willing to upgrade to BIOS 3305 hoping that some of the WLAN issues will go away.

I will follow the USB procedure described over at macles* blog. I have two questions for you people:
    1. will you recommand to do the update to 3305 in the first place?
    2. How long will the update actually take? Are we talking seconds or minutes or even longer...?

TIA

reglof, Nov 8, 2008
  2. reglof

Yaniel

last time i did it, the whole process didnt take longer than a minute. it could vary though, so like the write ups say, dont interrupt it for at least 5 minutes just to be safe.

Yaniel, Nov 8, 2008
  3. reglof

judeh101

the machine will restart itself once the bios update is finished, so you don't have to worry about it.

judeh101, Nov 8, 2008
  4. reglof

reglof

One more question.
    Is the whole process save or is there a chance that my AAO wont work at all after flashing it?

reglof, Nov 8, 2008
  5. reglof

judeh101

chances are it'll still work, but don't update if its working fine, there is always a risk that bios flashing can go wrong.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

judeh101, Nov 8, 2008
  6. reglof

reglof

Well, like I said, I have this wireless issue where it forgets its WLAN password once it wakes up from Standby. I put hopes in that the BIOS update to 3305 will fix this problem. But I cant tell if it'll do so... :?

reglof, Nov 8, 2008
Ask a Question