How long does your battery last?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by bigdilly, Aug 25, 2008.

1. bigdilly

Guest Guest

7.5 to 8 hours. I have a 6-cell with 1GB ram and 8 SSD and am connected to the internet for most of that time.

Guest, Sep 4, 2008
  2. bigdilly

penandpaper

at 98% full charge the maximum seems to be about 5hrs for my winXP, 160gb HD, 6-cell.

is this about right? i read some users are getting 7+ hours on their AAO with SSD.

i did NOT condition the battery as recommended. is this why?

penandpaper, Nov 6, 2008
  3. bigdilly

vinaya

I have two batteries, one is old one and the other is a new one. The old battery lasts about 45 minutes when I am surfing net or watching video, and lasts upto 60 minutes when I am only using word program or reading ebooks. The new one lasts upto 2 hours when I am watching video or surfing internet.

vinaya, Jun 9, 2016
  4. bigdilly

artyarson

Mine is about 3 hours, too. It's if you use the PC constantly, with no breaks. Otherwise, it would probably last 3 and a half hours. That's it.

artyarson, Jun 9, 2016
  5. bigdilly

ZoeZoundBarrier

Without being plugged up, my battery lasts about five minutes. I know that I need a new battery and a legit macbook chord or I will be needing a new macbook very soon.
    The good ole days of being unplugged to a wall for an hour or more are gone and I am so scared that one day while I am working on something important, it is just going to die on me.

ZoeZoundBarrier, Jun 13, 2016
  6. bigdilly

UpgradeMe

Mine is pretty old and caps out about an hour 45 right now. This laptop is also pretty dated, think it's 2011 or 2012. I'll be upgrading soon though, already have a setup in mind but I'm waiting until I've paid for everything else before it in hopes I'll catch another price drop.

UpgradeMe, Jun 13, 2016
  7. bigdilly

Vash

My Surface Pro 4 always last me no more than 4~5 hours. Even when all I use is Firefox and Word.
    The specification says it can last 9~10 hours, but I really do know what they were using in order to get the computer last that long.

You know rarely any laptop can last as long as the manufacturer claim. Real world usage always use more power than their test settings.

Vash, Jun 28, 2016
  8. bigdilly

spence88

Less than 15 minutes at high performance and about 1 hour at lowest performance (brightness, CPU consumption, GPU, etc).
    I have an Asus G75VW. During the first 2 years the battery is really good (1 hour at high performance and about 4 hours at lowest performance), but this year the lifespan just went down so bad.
    The battery icon in the tool bar is accurate in my case, as long as I don't do anything different significantly from what I'm currently doing.

spence88, Jun 28, 2016
  9. bigdilly

psanch

Wow! I'm looking to buy one soon and battery life is something that's important for my requirements. Are we talking about a brand new one here?

psanch, Jun 28, 2016
  10. bigdilly

vinaya

Recently, I am having problems with my laptop battery. The battery that used to give me power back up for one hour,now gives power back up just for 45 minutes. Another spare battery that used to give power back up for two and half hours is able to give back up just for 2 hours.

vinaya, Jun 28, 2016
  11. bigdilly

Corzhens

When I got my HP Elite some 2 years ago, the label indicated a 9-hour battery life. And I agree to that because I did a benchmark by draining the battery. But now, I haven't done a benchmark again but I get the impression that the battery of my laptop runs to more than 5 hours or maybe 7 hours. Take note that I only use it for office work and I seldom use it at home unless there is rush work to do.

Corzhens, Jun 28, 2016
  12. bigdilly

SirJoe

My battery only lasts about 4 hours but when I bought my computer I knew that it's autonomy wasn't that great, but still 4 hours is more then enough for me.

SirJoe, Jul 1, 2016
  13. bigdilly

Fuzyon

Well, I have a gaming laptop and even though I keep it on "Balanced" power it still manages to chug all the battery life in a little under 2 hours, I don't know if there's anything I can do about it because if I put it on "Power Saver" the laptop runs like crap. I had a business laptop before this one and the battery lasted for 6 hours.

Fuzyon, Jul 13, 2016
  14. bigdilly

nytegeek

I get 4 to 8 hours depending on what I'm doing. I don't know what the manufacturer has rated the battery for. I'll have to check when I get a chance.

nytegeek, Jul 13, 2016
  15. bigdilly

SirJoe

That is very impressive, I already knew that my laptops battery life wouldn't be that great but i was aiming at more performance when I bought it.

SirJoe, Jul 28, 2016
  16. bigdilly

JoshSmith100

My battery for my laptop lasts around 4 hours. Its supposed to last longer but for whatever reason it doesn't. Its a newer laptop too so I might have to bring it in somewhere and get it checked out.

JoshSmith100, Jul 28, 2016
  17. bigdilly

SirJoe

Have you looked at your laptop energy stings. I normally have it at performance and because of this I have a shorter battery life but I can live with that.

SirJoe, Jul 31, 2016
  18. bigdilly

acerme2

After almost two years or continuous use, my laptop battery still packs 6 hours of power. I had a scare last month when the battery indicator said: 'plugged, not charging.' And though it says it is 72% charged, my laptop dies whenever I pull the plug off. I thought that was the end of my laptop's battery and the start of a plugged laptop lifestyle. Thankfully, I ran into a helpful web article and solved the situation. What I did was to go to the control panel, clicked on the device manager, clicked on batteries, right-clicked on something like Microsoft ACPI-Compliant control method battery, unstalled it, and restarted my laptop. It was amazing! I got my battery power back on with that simple solution!

acerme2, Jul 31, 2016
Ask a Question