How hot is your Apsire One?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by tenderidol, Dec 20, 2008.

1. tenderidol

tenderidol

I received a Blue Acer Aspire ONE few days ago (160GB, 1 GB RAM, 3-cell battery). Uninstalled all the bloatware, reinstalled all the applications I normally use, partitioned the hard drive, etc etc...

Either I had my expectations low or this little computer is performing quite well, because it actually feels fast :D

Everest Pro 4.6 reports the idle CPU temp around 65. Is this normal/expected? The bottom of the laptop barely gets warm. Since I've been using my XPS m1330, I became paranoid about temperatures thanks to the nVidia GPU.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

tenderidol, Dec 20, 2008
  2. tenderidol

dattaway

Mine was running very hot and even got a prefail warning from the harddrive (65C) with the fan running at normal.

I found the perl script on this page to set the fan at maximum and keep it cool since my BIOS doesn't do much:

http://macles.blogspot.com/2008/08/read ... intel.html

dattaway, Dec 20, 2008
  3. tenderidol

GvidoR

Yeah, same here. Always ~60. When playing a game it could go up to 75°.
    As I read in the Intel Atom N270 manual, the highest temperature it can handle is 90°c

GvidoR, Dec 20, 2008
  4. tenderidol

KillerStephen

Ive gotten up to 42c not higher than that yet.

KillerStephen, Dec 20, 2008
  5. tenderidol

tenderidol

Well... I just installed AA1FanControl, as well as a1ctl. Since both programs have CPU temp readings (duh!) it immediately became clear that Everest is reading 22 degrees higher than the actual temperature. Whew! I though I was going to burn this little thing seeing 70-75 degrees while doing not much. It is 51 now :D

The palmrests are little warmer than I would have liked, but since I dont have any comparison points, I'll just assume that it's normal. Is it?

tenderidol, Dec 21, 2008
  6. tenderidol

info

Mine occasionally gets warm underneath, never hot but I don't play games on it at all (I was surprised to find it totally cool today after about an hour of browsing so far). To the left of the touchpad is totally cool, immediately to the right there is a little warmth, further to the right is totally cool. I'm very sensitive to heat (i.e. do not like hot machines) and haven't noticed a problem at all on the AAO.

info, Dec 21, 2008
Ask a Question