How Hot Does the 100+ GB Hard Drive Version Run?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by connmen, Dec 27, 2008.

1. connmen

connmen

I have not seen any discussion on the heat generated by this laptop. I imagine the HD versions run hotter than the SSD versions. Any comments on how hot it is compared to other laptops?

Thanks.

connmen, Dec 27, 2008
  2. connmen

maxpower2003

I do recalling seeing the exact specs for how hot it runs but after researching the AAO so much, it could have been anywhere. But I can personally attest that it doesn't run hot like many full sized laptops. Even after hours of having it on my lap plugged in, it's perfectly fine.

maxpower2003, Dec 28, 2008
  3. connmen

info

The 160 w/XP and 1Gig RAM runs quite cool for me. IOW, heat is not an issue at all.

info, Dec 28, 2008
  4. connmen

LAZ

Slight warmth. I have it sitting on bare skin right now with no discomfort. It runs a trifle hotter when plugged in, but nothing to worry about.

LAZ, Dec 28, 2008
  5. connmen

yachtpro

Google HDTune and download and install into the Aspire One. It is a handy little program that also includes a temperature monitor that will tell you exactly how hot your CPU is running in either C° or F° or both. It will also monitor the health and status of your HDD as well as a few benchmark tests. As far as I know, it will only run under Windows, but check their site and see about Linux. Hope this helps. FYI my Aspire One runs cooler than my desktop and my desktop has four fans in it.

yachtpro, Dec 29, 2008
  6. connmen

woofer00

The vast bulk of the heat produced is related to the wireless unit. If wireless is off, the AAO runs quite cool.

woofer00, Jan 1, 2009
Ask a Question