How Do You Keep Your Desktop Wallpaper?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by aceradam28, Dec 30, 2008.

1. aceradam28

aceradam28

Whenever I set a different wallpaper, one which didnt come with the aspire one, it dissapears every time I restart my acer aspire one or shutdown and turn it on again. Wallpapers appear when I set them through the acer aspire one's desktop settings but whever I restart they dissapear and change into the default colour, anyone know how to keep them?

aceradam28, Dec 30, 2008
  2. aceradam28

LisaKirsty

Hm.. Try choosing one of the desktops in the folder Acer gives you with a few of their own desktops? Try choosing one of them and then rebooting and see if it changes back.

If it doesn't, it's quite likely that all you need to do is copy the picture you want to have as your desktop to the folder that has the Acer-provided wallpapers.

If this doesn't work, I'd wait here and see if someone else can give you a solution, because I'm only responding to this one 'cause I had the same problem. I copied it from one folder to the other using a Terminal command (I don't know it by heart, but all you need to search for is the How to get the desktop you want in 10 easy steps or something similar).

Hope I've helped!

LisaKirsty, Dec 30, 2008
  3. aceradam28

aceradam28

Thank you very much, you have also not only helped me have my own wallpaper but also have my own icons aswell by telling me where to look, thank you very much.

aceradam28, Dec 30, 2008
  4. aceradam28

LisaKirsty

No problem. I'm glad that it worked. I wasn't quite sure if it would work.

So you changed the icons for your applications? Do they still look... well "professional" would be the word, I guess.

It is much easier to copy it manually from one folder to the other, but the forum I had to show me what to do told me to go into Terminal (Alt F2) and use a cp (copy) command.

Which is pretty much all I can do at the moment.

Anyhow, glad I could help,

LisaKirsty, Dec 30, 2008
  5. aceradam28

aceradam28

I used the terminal method because it didn't let me move images into the folder so I ended up using the terminal method which let me keep my wallpaper and made my desktop look more like it was windows.

Anyway, thanks again

aceradam28, Dec 31, 2008
Ask a Question