how do I resize windows, so they fit screen?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by nikosal, Dec 28, 2008.

1. nikosal

nikosal

I am a gnu backgammon fan, but I realized I can't make its window to fit screen. When I press the [full window] button, upper right of the window, next to [X] I get a full window of gnub, but a tiny backgammon board. And when I uncheck, I get a big board, with the bottom part of it lost in the bottom of my AAO screen. Any way to resize windows as much as I like?

This is a common problem I had with other windows as well, for example a system window (right now I don't quite remember which one) had its [ok] button lost in the bottom of the AAO screen, so I could not reach it and press it.

nikosal, Dec 28, 2008
  2. nikosal

csmo

Try holding down the Alt key whilst moving left mouse button up/down within an application. It might not fix the game issue, but it´ll fix the other one.

csmo, Dec 28, 2008
  3. nikosal

nikosal

yes, now I can see the bottom of these windows, thanks.

Still, it would be lovelier to resize these windows. For example, the Xfce Settings Manager window will not show last two selections, Window Manager Tweaks and Workspaces and Margins. Why not just make the icons smaller or re-arrange them in a landscape-like instead of a portrait-like window? I am sure this can be done, someway.

nikosal, Dec 28, 2008
  4. nikosal

csmo

Yes, I agree. Maybe it (modifying window sizes) can be done through compiz and emerald-themes for example, but I´m rather unsure of this matter I´m afraid since I´m on a 8gb ssd myself and thus don´t have enough power to try out compiz´ many features.

csmo, Dec 29, 2008
Ask a Question