How do I remap the keyboard under Windows XP?

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by drewster, Sep 4, 2008.

1. drewster

drewster

Hey all!

I just got my new AAO last week, and absolutely love it... It's so small and beautiful!!! I can't get over how small it is. I can just walk along, carrying it under my arm like a textbook :p Anyways, something that has been a bit of a bother for me, is the keyboard layout. I have been using a laptop for ages, and usually type heaps on one, using the Home and End keys alot.. As you all may know, the AAO Home and End Keys are hidden by the Function Key, and I can't seem to remember to press function each time when I touch-type. Is there a way to remap the keyboard to my liking??

Oh, and the Fan Control Software I found on these forums rocks! Man the fans are loud in some of these units.. I have had to exchange AAOs 3 times already ... once for a key that flew off, once for a unit that constantly switched itself off (even on a full charge) and another time for a fan that was ridiculously loud and noisy-sounding. Fortunately, this one is not TOO loud...

Anyways, does anyone have any ideas to remap the keyboard? Hopefully without have a program running in the background that's too resource hungry :S

Thanks!!

Andrew

drewster, Sep 4, 2008
  2. drewster

pdiddy

use the standard xp keymapper. I got it off of shellcity.net

Here found it again. http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/

XP has registry handles for key mapping. this program is just a slick UI for them.

hth

pdiddy, Sep 15, 2008
Ask a Question