How do I get rid of the keyboard layout icon?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by viva, Nov 12, 2008.

1. viva

viva

Hello,

I already spent a lot of hours with my A110 (Linpus), this forum is always an excellent source for help and answers. Now I have my first question to which I couldn't find an answer in the forum. I guess it's rather simple:

I want to get rid of the little red square in the lower right corner. It indicates the actual keyboard layout and allows switching it. As of now, the keys on my A110 kept their initial layout all the time and don't tend to change overnight ;)

Well, I don't need this ugly icon. Unchecking display options in SCIM didn't make it disapear, so I'm asking for your help...

Thanks, André

viva, Nov 12, 2008
  2. viva

viva

oops!

I did several searches before posting my request and just after that I stumbled upon the answer: http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2783&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

The answer is typing xfce4-panel -a in the terminal and you get a settings panel where you can add and remove things from the task bar. There are a lot of useful functions to add, stuff I already knew from other Linux distros and missed on my playbook - until today.

:D

viva, Nov 12, 2008
  3. viva

nugroho2

Just make very sure that only ONE icon is dragged. In my early days, I dragged the layout icon, but two other icons somehow went with it and I had to install all over again.

nugroho2, Nov 21, 2008
Ask a Question