How common is the blank screen

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by cb1100xx, Aug 25, 2008.

?

Have you gotten the blank screen?

1. Yes Linux

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No Linux

40.9%
  3. Yes XP

36.4%
  4. No XP

22.7%
  1. cb1100xx

cb1100xx

I've been on motorcycle forums long enough to know that sometimes a problem can happen in a small percentage of owners, but there are enough stories to make it seem like the reliability is horrible

I'm looking to get the XP version of the one in the next week and after reading the big my acer is dead thread I thought that I'd try and find some actual numbers for these failures. And also for the failures, where they fixed with the 114 bios or does the previous one work on the XP machines?

cb1100xx, Aug 25, 2008
  2. cb1100xx

bjc

Good idea to have this poll.
    It would be good to indicate if the One was recovered easily (eg full power down / reinstall bios / back2base)
    I done know if that is possible in a simple poll though

bjc, Aug 25, 2008
  3. cb1100xx

miketurley

I have an AA1 with linpus linux. I get the blank screen only on battery and with about half the charge remaining. It's predicatable and the only way I can recover is a hard switch off (lose work - don't like doing it!). BUT it has (so far) switched back on OK when I go back on AC power. I guess it's something to do with the power management system - but I get no warnings whatsoever!

Ideas?

miketurley, Aug 29, 2008
  4. cb1100xx

zaphod

I have the same symptoms, on a Linpus 8GB SSD machine (old bios). The only difference is it happens to me when the charge level is around 20-30%. It has always come back to life after a hard switch off.

If I boot and run the machine off an Xubuntu LiveUSB I can run the battery down to zero without the problem.

zaphod, Aug 29, 2008
Ask a Question