how can i uninstall linpus linux completely from my acer aspire v5 mini

Discussion in 'Linux' started by mikesalon, Apr 30, 2014.

1. mikesalon

mikesalon

i want to install windows in my acer aspire mini v5 , it has come preinstalled with linpus linux and am not familiar with the commands and cannot run the OS, i want to change to windows.
    ho can i unistall the linpus linux

mikesalon, Apr 30, 2014
  2. mikesalon

something back

Download a program called super fdisk load it on to a cd then delete all partitions you will then be able to format the drive and load windows.

something back, Apr 30, 2014
  3. mikesalon

mikesalon

since it is an acer Mini i cannot use the disk, still i cannot use a bootable flash drive since i cannot see see usb option from the boot device order. i tried to view the settings by pressing f2 but it requires a bios password! this acer is not helping me

mikesalon, May 5, 2014
  4. mikesalon

something back

Have you tried the f12 key to see if it will allow you to boot from a different device.

You may well have to remove the hard drive given you are locked out of the bios settings.
    YOU COULD BUY a inexpensive hard drive caddy case put the hard drive into it and may have to carry out the upgrade
    from an external windows machine.

SEND BRIAN8gbSSGlinux an internal forum message, he's very good on linux problems he may know an alternative way round.

something back, May 5, 2014
Ask a Question