How 2 burn recovery image to USB drive?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by sodalin, Jan 8, 2009.

1. sodalin

sodalin

Somebody have an experience regarding burning the recovery file to USB drive or USB hard disk, please advise me. I don't want to spend more about external optical drive.

If it's possible to burn to USB drive or Ex hard disk, is it possible to restore the factory setting from that USB?
    I'm using now AAO-150-1006 with Win XP home SP3.

sodalin, Jan 8, 2009
  2. sodalin

wollac

1. You can insert the recovery disk included with your aspire one into another computer with a CD drive (if you cannot access one for some reason then skip to option 2). Just change the boot order of that machine so the CD drive is first (if it isn't already!) and reboot your computer with the disc in. This disc has a utility for creating a usb recovery disk (well it does on the Linux disc) if the windows one is doesn't or you don't have a recovery disc then skip to option 2. If it does then continue :p . Try to create a usb recovery disc with this utility. If it works then try recovering your aspire one by setting your memory stick (when it is inserted) to the default boot device and then try booting from it. If the utility or the recovery fail try option 2.

Or

2. OK so if your reading this then that must mean you are either bored (in which case there is no point reading this) or method one did not help. In which case you need to contact the company that sold it to you and tell them there is a problem with your netbook and see if you can get it exchanged. I wouldn't recommend telling them that you have fiddled with anything or they will see it as an opportunity to decline your return.

Hope this helps,

wollac

wollac, Jan 9, 2009
  3. sodalin

sodalin

Thanks for your reply. But anyway it doesn't work for the Window version. Could someone can help me please?

sodalin, Jan 10, 2009
  4. sodalin

reglof

reglof, Jan 10, 2009
Ask a Question