Hotsyncing with a Palm

Discussion in 'Linux' started by johnfranuk, Aug 8, 2008.

1. johnfranuk

johnfranuk

Hi,

I am new to the Linpus Linux world and I would dearly like to be able to Hotsync my Palm (Tungsten T5) with the A1. Specifically I would like to get my Palm Contacts in to the A1 Contacts and My Palm Calendar into Calendar.

I have seen that there are a number of Linux applications that might be able to do this, but I am not sure where to begin. There does not appear to be a Linux palm desktop from Palm Inc.

I normally hotsync with my Windows PC, but having the info on the A1 would be very handy.

Does any one have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

johnfranuk, Aug 8, 2008
  2. johnfranuk

quindo

I haven't tried to hotsync with my palm treo on the aspire as of yet but I've doing this on my debian desktop for a couple of years now :)
    On my debian desktop I use gnome-pilot (packages gnome-pilot and gnome-pilot-conduits) for use with the gnome desktop.
    Under the hood it uses pilot-link to connect to the palm.

On the AA1 I think I would startout with trying jpilot.
    Jpilot is a palmdesktop-like application.

bt.w. just a bit unrelated.
    Currently I sync my palm treo on my debian desktop. (calendar synced with evolution).
    It also has gnome conduit which syncs my evolution calendar with my google-calendar.
    On my AA1 I have Thunderbird with the lightning (calendar) add-on and a google<->lightning sync addon.
    Now my calendar is sync over all my desktops,online and on my treo :)

quindo, Aug 8, 2008
Ask a Question