Hook Aspire to HDTV? timing mode?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by travelbuddy, Apr 6, 2010.

1. travelbuddy

travelbuddy

Sorry if this is incorrect place but have searched other places. In any case here goes

Have Aspire One AOA 160-1742 (may be 150) Model ZG5 S/N LUS410B0879021708F1547
    Have TV Westinghouse TX42F450S 1080p HDTV 4x HDMI PC compatible
    TV instructs say 15 pin analog VGA cable and stereo mini cable for audio (have both)
    Also says to set computer’s timing mode to VESA 1920x1080 at 60Hz
    I have from Control – Display – Settings – screen resolution 1280x800

1. What is “computer’s timing mode” and how do I change that?

I can get the desktop picture on TV but nothing else shows. Where to from here? Thank you so much.

travelbuddy, Apr 6, 2010
  2. travelbuddy

Swarvey Moderator

I think what the manual means is to hook the TV up to the computer, then set the screen resolution as it states. You should however, be able to use lower resolutions. But if you want true HD, you'll need to connect the TV to the laptop first, wait for the laptop to install the necessary files, then in the display control panel, you'll be able to select the TV as your secondary (or primary if you prefer) display, then set the appropriate resolution as per the manual.

Swarvey, Apr 7, 2010
Ask a Question