Hitachi Drive

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Guest, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I have an A110 (originally had slow 8GB SSD) that I was going to upgrade to a Hitachi Travelstar that I bought.

Question I have is does the flip cable really work or are these drives not compatible with the AAO?

I have tried the cable from the netbook and ordered straight ZIF with blue to blue. So far with the straight and the original cable I've had no luck. I also sanded one of the straight ones to try it as a flipped tomorrow. Just put in an order for the flipped one too. Was the flip cable order and sanding a waste of time? Do I just need a new brand of hard drive?

Guest, Jul 17, 2009
  2. Guest

winger1998

Hello, the hitachi drive should work with the original zif cable in the AAO. you will have to mod the cable a bit. I did mine last nite and it works. check this post on how to mod the cable to work: http://aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopi ... 4&start=70. just pay attention to where the pin 1 is. good luck and have fun.

winger1998, Jul 21, 2009
Ask a Question