Hinges?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by cluckeyo, May 9, 2016.

1. cluckeyo

cluckeyo

I'm thinking of rebuilding my laptop but wondering how long the lid will hold out. With daily use, how long should the hinges on the lid of a good laptop hold out? Mine is a Dell. Also, can the hinges be replaced? I don't want to rebuild it if I can't replace them when needed down the line?

cluckeyo, May 9, 2016
  2. cluckeyo

Lisa Davis

Hinges, where the screen and keyboard connect, can be rather tricky from what I am told. My boyfriend repairs laptops and sometimes the components/wires that connect the screen can be tricky to replace and when he has to he usually finds a whole new housing from an old laptop instead of replacing individual components. I have had several Dells that I have had for five plus years that have all taken my abuse without any problems with the hinges. Just make sure when you rebuild you don't use some used hinges/housing that has suffered too much abuse already.

Lisa Davis, May 18, 2016
Ask a Question